- Responsible for the operation and administration of the Computer networks, servers and network security systems
- Manage and monitor Network Management system to optimize network performance and availability of the data communication system
- Monitor and control of Wide area Network (WAN) and Local area Network (LAN) to ensure the maximum usage of IT resources and online facility
- Lead a Technical Team by regular planning, scheduling and monitoring of their jobs and performance in order to achieve a standard quality, availability and efficiency of network facilities
- Develop, implement, maintain and review Standard Operating Procedure (SOP), system documentation and operation manual to ensure Network policies are accurate and enforce accordingly
- Maintain close contact with end-users and departments in providing a better environment of networking system to attain the best productivity and working efficiency in IT department
- Generate and analyze performance report, monitor and solve the problem arise according to the performance indicator has being setup for IT department by KTMB management
- Monitor the performance of the network and troubleshoots any problems such as slow performance or network crashes
- Monitor the maintenance for Computer network infrastructures, Utilities and Data Communication Equipment.
- Degree in Computer Science, IT/Computer Engineering or equivalent with outstanding academic credentials, preferable with a certified network qualification;
- Minimum 3 years relevant working experience in the related field especially with large ICT environment.
- Good working knowledge of the following operating systems including Windows 2000-2003 Server, AIX / Unix, Oracle DB 11i and SQL.
- Hands on knowledge of the procedures used in the installation, modification maintenance and repair of ICT hardware and software including WIFI, CCTV
- and wireless components;
- Strong working knowledge of major networking components, network operating systems and hardware components such as Cisco, 3Com and etc.
HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT (Staff Planning)
Keretapi Tanah Melayu Berhad
Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin
50621 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-22631312 or 22631130
Job Interview Tips Practice
Practice, answering interview questions and practice your responses to the typical job interview questions and answers most employers ask. Think of actual examples you can use to describe your skills. Providing evidence of your successes is a great way to promote your candidacy.
Prepare, a response so you are ready for the question "What do you know about our company. Know the interviewer's name and use it during the job interview. If you're not sure of the name, call and ask prior to the interview. Try to relate what you know about the company when answering questions.
Get Ready, Make sure your interview attire is neat, tidy and appropriate for the type of firm you are interviewing with. Bring a nice portfolio with copies of your resume. Include a pen and paper for note taking.
Be On Time, Be on time for the interview. On time means five to ten minutes early. If need be, take some time to drive to the office ahead of time so you know exactly where you are going and how long it will take to get there.
Stay Calm, During the job interview try to relax and stay as calm possible. Take a moment to regroup. Maintain eye contact with the interviewer. Listen to the entire question before you answer and pay attention - you will be embarrassed if you forget the question!
Show What You Know, Try to relate what you know about the company when answering questions. When discussing your career accomplishments match them to what the company is looking for.
Follow Up, Always follow-up with a thank you note reiterating your interest in the position. If you interview with multiple people send each one a thank you note.